4.10.2011

Makerbot: 3 (Art 350: Advanced Digital Media)

I did a test print with the Makerbot this week. The test showed me a lot of the limitations of the Makerbot, so I can tweak my designs to my piano. The Makerbot had a hard time making such thin walls of my hollow piano body, so I went back into my design and filled it in.

Here's a photo of the first test run, which did not work out so well:


Once I was able to fix my model to make it more compatible with the Makerbot's capabilities (which took several hours and many trials), it took about an hour to print this piece:


This week, I will be finishing up my model. I plan on designing it both in several pieces and with some pieces attached. Basically, I'm going to have both versions, so when I go to do final prints next week, I will have everything ready in case the Makerbot can't handle certain designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment