4.26.2011

Makerbot: 6 (Art 350: Advanced Digital Media)

I printed this piano body last week, but it didn't turn out so hot. It didn't print the legs to full length and it somehow reversed the top (the curve should be on the right). This is pretty unfortunate since it took more than three hours.

Here's the photo:



I will be fixing this problem by re-printing the legs separately and hoping that a re-position on the Makerbot stage will fix the mirroring. Crossing my fingers that this works.

I'm not sure if I will be showing an all black model as well yet. We'll see how today's printing goes.

Timeline to finish the project:

Today - print legs, stand, bench, lid and body in white

Wednesday - fix problems from today's print, including possible reprints; print pedals; clean up edges; painting lesson

Friday - print in black; fix edges

Saturday - assemble and paint

Sunday - finishing touches

No comments:

Post a Comment